Dr. Antonella Aguilera-Ruiz
About the Instructor
I'm deeply committed to guiding women to make changes in their health by using a root cause resolution approach. After dealing with a chronic health issue as a young adult, I changed paths to pursue natural medicine after seeing the deep transformation it had on my own health. I believe that by treating the body as a whole system and incorporating good nutrition, lifestyle medicine, and mind/body practices, radical self healing is possible. I'm a graduate of Santa Clara University and received my naturopathic doctorate (ND) from the National University of Natural Medicine in Portland, OR.
This course is co-taught with Dolly Ruiz. Dolly is a longtime yoga practitioner and wellness enthusiast. She is a certified KRI Kundalini yoga teacher and recently completed an additional 300 hr yoga training in the use of yoga as a complement to holistic health modalities.
When hormones are functioning properly, you feel like yourself: full of energy, well rested, engaged and happy. Yet, life stressors, chemicals, and poor diet can have a huge impact on hormonal balance tipping the scale more towards grumpy, bloated, restless and irritated. Taking a holistic approach to this crucial body system, in this course you'll learn:
- Why treating one gland in isolation is never enough for complete hormonal healing
- The foundational practices to build hormonal health from the ground up
- The foods that feed the hormonal system for optimal functioning (they might be different than you expected)
- The importance of rest, calm and quiet in hormonal health
- Practices to cultivate more joy and pleasure in your life
Hormones are constantly in play and responsible for most major communication in the body. These 7 common symptoms can clue you into a hormonal issue:
- Stubborn pounds
- Low mood or anxiety
- Digestive issues
- PMS, irregular cycles, infertility
- Hair and skin trouble
In this course, we'll cover the natural ways to turn the tide and set the stage for happy and healthy hormones.